Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baseball In October!!!


Every year when August rolls around it usually means two things for me. First is the Texas Rangers have come unglued and are already so far behind there is no way they are making it to the playoffs. Which means baseball season is over for me. The second thing is that its football season and its time to focus all my energy on my Dallas Cowboys and Arkansas Razorbacks!

There is a strange new feeling in the air this year however. The Rangers are in the playoffs!!! Let me say that again. The Rangers are in the playoffs!!!

This is not a misprint! I haven't lost my mind! I am drug free and wide awake!

I know! I know! Its hard to believe but its true. The theme for the Rangers this year was "IT'S TIME" and it sure is. They are haveing fun, playing lights out baseball and I love it. A lot of people talk about how tought it was to be a Red Sox fan because of the curse or how hard it is to be a Cubs fan because they haven't won a world series since forever. Well let me tell you something the Rangers have never won a World Series and playoff apperances have been almost non-existant. SO IT'S HARD TO BE A RANGERS FAN!  Needless to say I am very excited we are in the American Leauge Divisional Series and we are 2 games up after winning in Tampa yesterday and today. Now they have to come to our house and its not going to be easy for them.

I guess what I am trying to say with all of this is...
As much as I love football I am not ready to let baseball go yet this year. Normally I expect to be let down once again by the Rangers but this year is different. If they lose now I will be heart broken because I have been a fan my whole life and I truly believe "IT"S TIME".

GO RANGERS!!!




1 comment: