Friday, October 1, 2010

The Move!

I was going to write about Deadbeat Dads tonight but I have changed my mind and decided to talk about the move. Our new house is almost completed and we are so excited about moving. Well I am excited about the move but not the actual moving. Hopefully this will be the last move for a long while. We really love the neighborhood and the boys love all the kids their age that live around us. So far Dallas's new school has been wonderful and it has exceeded our expectations.

Status: The sprinkler system and sod have been laid. The painters have been there all week and seem to be done except for a little trim. Looks like next week will be all the finishing touches and hopefully the fence will follow shortly. I really hope the granite is delivered next week because Lindsey is driving me CRAZY! She is like a little girl getting a new toy. I guess I was that way about the sprinklers.

Ok I want to leave you with a few rules for the new house. I think this is so funny because before somebody gets something new they always come up with new rules whether it's a car or a house or even new appliances or electronic equipment (like the remotes will always go back on the tv stand when their not in use so we can always find them). Of course less than half of these ever stick. Lets see how these hold up.

Rules:
1. The laundry room will always be picked up because we have to walk through it when we come in from the garage
2. We have an open floor plan so junk will not be stacked up on kitchen counters on kitchen table.
3. We will never have dirty dishes in the sink.
4. We have a playroom so all toys will stay in the playroom.
5. The boys will not be allowed to climb on the cabinets to get snacks. (no we dont allow them now but it happens).

This is all we have so far. Lets see how it goes!

BTW: I wrote this blog tonight while WAITING on Lindsey to get dinner done.



2 comments:

  1. the new house is beautiful! i think it should be fun moving to a new place, but i agree, the physical packing, loading, moving, unloading and unpack really stinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, let's hope Lindsey gets plenty of help from you to make these new rules stick!! Oh, and I can't wait to see what you have to say about dead beat dads!

    ReplyDelete