Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Drive!

Today I had to do some training down in Fordyce and Rison which is about a 1hr and 45 min drive. As I pass a car on the interstate completely engulfed in 10ft high flames I got to thinking (Scary huh?), which is what I tend to do when I'm all alone.

I am sure everyone has thought about this before or maybe I am just strange but I got to thinking about what if something happened to me. Do my kids know how much I love them? Does my wife know how much I love her? If I died what would it be like and who would be at my funeral? Will I ever see the Cowboys win another Super Bowl? Did I remember to take the trash down this morning? Even I tend to stress out and start questioning everything. Its all about the what if's! What if this? What if that?

The fact is, life is to short to worry about the WHAT IF'S!

We can not control the what if's we can only control the what now's. So something happens that you couldn't control. It's the past now. That mistake or action can't be taken back. The question is: what are you going to do about it now? Tell your kids and your wife you love them. Soak in every smile, every base hit your child makes, every soccer goal scored, or every sweet laugh your baby gives you.

Don't waste or ruin theses precious moments in your life by being consumed with the what if's. Concentrate on the What NOW's!

1 comment: